Thursday, June 2, 2011

Week 9: SITE REVIEW

I showed my site to Ed Crossan, whom I happen to volunteer for, in his graphic design and video classes at Thomas Jefferson High. He is a veteran graphic designer and teacher of the art.

His feedback pertained to obvious gaps, namely font discrepancies (addressed in class this week), and rollover colors that, as is and once activated, mesh too well with the background. (grey) This latter issue was explained in week 8 lecture, I have just not gotten to it yet, as it is undoable in my version of iWeb (without coding it from an external editor, which I do not have the time to do).

He liked my design rubric, lending to texture and color but staying simple, relying on my work to take center stage. I showed him an alternate page design, more trimmed down with white background, but he liked the original more.

Slideshows were (are) still in process, but the skeleton of the site is in place. I did show him my assets, which he thought were worthy, yet wished would include more descriptive text. I assured him that was underway.

So overall he liked the design, but there was more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment